WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed onto your PC when you first visit a website. These files usually contain a website name and a unique user ID.
WHAT DO COOKIES DO?
When you visit the same site in the future, your PC checks to see if it has a cookie file that is relevant (one containing the website name) and sends the information back to the site.
The site then 'knows' that you have been there before, and in some cases tailors what you see on screen to take account of that.
There are two types of cookies on Technal websites:
- Session Cookies - Temporarily stored on your computer that disappears as soon as you leave the site
- Permanent Cookies - Remains stored for a longer period until manually deleted (the length of time a cookie is stored depends on its life and your browser settings)
Pages that you visit may also collect information using "pixel tags" or "clear gifs". These are shared with third parties which support our promotional activities and the development of our sites. For example, access to statistics of Technal websites by visitors may be shared with our external partners to target campaigns, tailor content and improve usability. This information does not identify you individually, although it may be linked to your personal data.
WHAT KINDS OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
- Required Cookies - These cookies are essential for you to browse our website and use its features. Without them, services such as baskets and remaining logged in when moving around the website would not function correctly.
- Performance Cookies - These cookies collect information about the use of our websites, such as the most viewed pages. This allows us to improve our websites and to simplify navigation. These cookies are also used to show if you have visited one of our partners' websites leading you to the Technal website and if your visit leads to the use of one of our products or services. These cookies do not collect personal information that identifies you and all information collected is anonymous.
- Functionality Cookies - These cookies allow our websites to store the choices you have made in your browser. We store information like location so that when you visit our website again we can show you the correct site and products for where you are. Preferences such as font size, font style and other elements of the customisable areas are also stored. The information collected by these cookies does not personally identify you and cannot track browsing activity on sites that are not managed by Technal.
- Targeting and Advertising Cookies - Targeting and Advertising cookies are used to provide content that matches you individually and your interests. They can be used to show you an advertisement and limit the number of times you see it. These cookies also help us to measure how effective our content and advertising campaigns are. We may use this information to remember the sites you visit and may also share this information with third parties including advertisers and our agency.
These pages you visit may also utilise "pixel tags" or "clear gifs" to collect information. This information is shared directly with third parties that support our promotional activities and the development of our websites. This information does not identify you personally, although it may be connected to your personal information.
You can choose to stop receiving personalised communications from us by clicking in the unsubscribe link in our digital communications, or if you have an account, log in and choose delete.
DO WE USE THIRD-PARTY COOKIES?
Some of the cookies that are set on your device will be from third-party suppliers who do this on our behalf when you visit the Technal website.
HOW DO I MANAGE COOKIES ON MY BROWSER?
You can manage your cookies by setting your preferences in your browser settings:
- Click the Chrome menu on the toolbar of your browser
- Select Settings
- Click Show Advanced Settings
- In the Privacy section, click Content Settings
- In the Cookies section, select one of the settings:
- Delete Cookies
- Block Cookies by default
- Allow Cookies by default
- Keep local data until I leave my browser session
- For Cookies and Site Data exceptions
- Open Firefox
- Open Edit Menu and select Preferences
- Under Privacy & Security, select Cookies
- In this section, you can select the following settings:
- Disable Cookies
- Accept only Cookies from the original website
- Accept all Cookies
- Warn me before storing a Cookie
Internet Explorer 9 or 10
- Tap or click Tools
- Select Internet Options
- Tap or click the Privacy tab
- Under Settings, use the slider up to Block all Cookies or down to Allow all Cookies
- Tap or Click OK to save your settings
- Click the Safari Menu from an active tab. This is in the top left of your screen
- Choose Preferences
- Select the Privacy tab
- Choose which cookies and website data is accepted
- Always Block
- Allow from Current Website only
- Allow from websites I visit
- Always Allow
To accept cookies, confirm when you visit the website and continue to browse as you usually would. If you disable cookies, some parts of our website may not look right or function correctly.