Architectural aluminium systems specialist, Technal, has launched a new rapid-build façade system for low rise building applications – and the first in the UK to offer integral opening vents.
MODAL has an innovative modular design, developed to reduce work on site and give specifiers the widest choice of configuration options currently available for façades up to two storeys.
The technically advanced yet simple modular frame uses a unique airtight clip system which is faster to install, provides enhanced weather resistance and allows greater quality control because the frames are fabricated off site.
Launched following an extensive development and testing programme, MODAL is designed to provide robust, stylish and high performance glazing for low rise applications such as schools and colleges, healthcare facilities and leisure projects. Its range of module options also allows more design flexibility for single and two storey façades than ever before, with variations including:
• single, double or triple glazed units
• fixed lights
• integral opening vents
• integrated sliding window and door system
• infill panels
• compositions, such as vent over panel, vent over fixed light, and glaze-in and glaze-out units within one frame module.
MODAL has a host of innovative new features:
• The design of the system allows integral open-in and open-out vents to be incorporated in the MODAL frame, minimising the visible aluminium and ensuring consistent sight lines
• A simple square-cut and screw port construction for the mullions and transoms creates the framing modules, which are assembled with an innovative clip system for a quality finish and time-saving installation
• The modular transom and mullion design optimises performance and cost efficiency, and allows a wider variety of infill, glazing and vent combinations. Mullions can span up to two storeys with a wind loading of up to 1200 Pa, transom span up to 2m, and a 100kg load can be achieved with a 1m transom
• Sight lines are maintained at 65mm across the MODAL range of options, for a more uniform and modern appearance
• The standard 100mm module can be easily adapted to 115mm for refurbishment projects
• The system uses a 30mm polyamide break for thermal efficiency and Ucw values in a range of 1.1 - 1.75 W/m2K can easily be achieved
• Drainage is concealed, with no unsightly caps on the frame or the vents, making it ideal for school applications
• The system is designed for optimum thermal performance and can exceed current Building Regulations
MODAL is fully compatible with Technal’s FXi casement windows, and CD and PXi commercial doors, and is fully tested to BS EN standards for curtain walling.
The system has its own exclusive handles, which are strong, secure, contemporary and ergonomic, and MODAL façades are available in a wide choice of finishes – single and dual colours, polyester powder coated, natural self-colour, anodised, and Cendré – Technal’s palette of exclusive flecked gloss colours.
For further information about the new MODAL system or to download a brochure, visit www.technal.co.uk/MODAL.
Website is free and open to all professionals. To beneficiate from Technal services and solutions.