- The door system meets PAS 24 for enhanced security. PAS 24: 2012 provides a method for testing and assessing the security performance requirements of external doors and windows. It provides an assurance that door sets can withstand a series of measured manual and mechanical tests that simulate common methods of forced entry.
The SOLEAL single and double leaf rebated door – in both open-in and open-out configurations – surpassed the PAS 24 standard and achieved consistently excellent test results with very minimal enhancements to the fixing of the hinges, striker and lock.
These adjustments make this door the most robust, simple and fast to fabricate system available in the UK – and with no compromise on the high standards of aesthetics.
- The locking system for the SOLEAL door has, as standard, a half-turn deadbolt, roller lock and deadbolt, a two-point cylinder lock and a two-point lock with a square spindle.
- For additional security, the door also has multi-point locking. Hook lock or top and bottom shoot bolts for doors over 2.25m high can also be supplied. Additional locking points can be added according to project requirements.
- The single leaf open-in and open-out hinged doors already meet very high levels of security in accordance with Class RC3 for burglar resistance to BS EN 1627-30.
- As an alternative to key-operated locks, there is an electro-magnetic system using an integrated control pad within the frame.
For further specification information, you can download the SOLEAL door technical brochure here.